Lemmy.world was experiencing authentication issues yesterday, making it difficult to comment and vote.

These issues were resolved some hours ago when lemmy.world updated to 18.02, but you may still be experiencing issues with your account on third party apps such as memmy.

If so, everything will start working normally if you remove your account from the app and add it again! Possibly just reinstalling will also achieve the same thing, but I haven’t tested that personally.

• mcesh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The latest build (0.2.0) has a log out button next to the account name (Profile > Settings > Account).

On older versions, I think you have to log in to more than one account, or one account twice, before the option to log out appears. If one account is logged in twice, it will fully log out.

• Accursed_Volition@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

If you go to your profile tab, click settings > accounts > edit account, delete your password, and type in anything other than you password. Try to save this, and it will fail to log you in. Now renter your real password and it will save your account info. This acts as a “refresh” for you account token.

It’s a bit cumbersome, but there’s currently no way to manage accounts with only one logged in.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the latest TestFlight has added a logout button to the account settings page.

• Carnelian@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh, so, if you have multiple accounts, then the option to delete them from the app appears.

If you only have one account, you can actually just add it again. It will appear in the list twice, but then you’ll have the delete option. In this case, when you then remove your account, the app will reinitialize, and you’ll have to sign in once more. But then you’ll be all set.

So it is a pretty awkward process honestly if you don’t have an alt account, but I believe the issue is currently being talked about on Github, so it’s likely to be improved at some point

• JDPoZ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Can confirm removing and re-adding fixed my issues with multiple accounts across instances. Had trouble upvoting, seeing subscriptions, etc. Now all is fixed with all accounts in Memmy.