• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m having a blast with bear Druid.

Charge a group of demons into a nearby wall, and then pulverize them! His range is so wide, he can take out a whole gang of little things instantly. For the bigger ones, he’s solid enough to wear them out.

Also, to keep it more authentic, all of his armor is hidden, so he’s running around in just a grass skirt.

BEAR SMASH!

• Blademax@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Bear Druid is tank. Met Butcher 1st time (~lvl 42) and took him out. Now look forward to taking out Butcher anytime he shows.

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

It’s probably not optimal. (I’m lvl 50) but I’ve been using the quest reward amulet that creates a bubble of immunity. I hate to give it up because it works so well. If I do actually start taking damage, it gives me time to regroup and heal up (while continuing to smash everything in arms reach) and I usually don’t take damage again until after the cooldown on the ring is done.

• illi@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s insane how tanky he can get. I gave mostly a nature magic werebear hybrid and most of the time I just can’t die. It did teach me to play pretty reckless so now I sometimes take on more than I can chew but otherwise i have no issues with stuff.

The capstone to WT4 is something I can’t manage quite yet though. Playing smartngot me to the boss but I didn’t have enough patience and time to kill him. At around 60 I chew through lvl 70 nightmare dungeons but the capstone is just not quite in my reach.

• Strangle@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Would a super tanky Druid work well with insanely high thorns?

Sounds fun

• illi@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

It does, now that you mention it. I still have pretty random build, focused mainly to have the right aspects for the playstyle I find fun. Figured no need to minmax at WT3 when I will be replacing that gear soon (if I ever make it to WT4). But thorns sound like a fun idea, will have to keep it in mind.

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I’ve been putting emeralds in my Bear Druid’s armor. Not sure if it’s been making a difference, but it seemed more useful than resistances since I’m rarely talking significant damage as it is.

• Big Duck Energy@partizle.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Loving my bear druey. There’s a couple aspects that turn pulverize and trample into earth skills, and allow you to pop landslides and earth spikes every time you trample or pulverize respectively.

• Proteus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I dunno if it’s a niche build, but I’m enjoying my rogue twisting blades/traps combo. the frost burn unique and vulnerability buffs have been very useful when playing in a group.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was loving the Frostburns / Vulnerability combo on my Barrage Rogue for a while. But recently found some solid gloves with +3 to Barrage so gave them up. I don’t CC targets as much any more. But I also kill almost everything instantly, so that’s nice.

• Incoherential@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think it’s that niche, but I’m really having lots of fun with my blizzard sorcerer. No fire bolt dependency. 9 skill points on blizzard and glacial spikes aspect. With a few legendaries to freeze and spread cc.

• dub@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m doing like a whirlwind death blow hybrid build. I actually don’t have any shouts on my build because I like seeing cool shit happen on screen. I have his little changes and leap and a berserk alt on the rest of my skills.

It’s just fun to jump in somewhere. Get everyone close with whirlwind and then just hit for millions with death blow