Any recommendations for games like Hunt either in tone or gameplay?

• LouNeko@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Have you tried the Trails in Hunt Showdown? It took me ~6 hours to get them all to 3 stars. I had an absolute blast and hope they will release new trails for the 3rd map (who am I kidding, the won’t). The one with the Meatheads and Nitro Express or sniping Hives from Healing Waters Church tower were probably my favorite. Most side objectives where fun and the only frustrating one I can remember is the one where you have to kill hellhounds with fire by luring Immolators into them.

• million@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah I have done quite a few of them.

They definitely range from fun to frustrating.

• LouNeko@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Remnant II is starting to look hella attractive now. Has somewhat Hunt vibes to it. But it’s not released yet and Remnant I was serviceable at best (on console).

• million@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Since it’s pretty quite here I have two that remind me of Hunt.

One is, Blood West. Which at times looks like a demake of Hunt. It’s a single player stealth action game set in the old west with a focus on supernatural entities. It is going for schlockier tone then Hunt, but there are traits and things in the game that appear to be direct references to Hunt.

Second one is maybe a bigger leaper, but I had this epiphany while playing Hunt that it takes a lot from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and in some ways feels like a multiplayer version of that game. Moody and bleak, but with modern setting. You roam the countryside killing monsters but have to watch out for the very deadly, headshot you on sight, human enemies.

• Moonguide@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Was going to mention Stalker. Honestly, a single player Hunt in the same vein as stalker would be a day 1 buy for me.