Thanks for all the interesting replies! Given the response, I decided to make a whole community around this, hope you’ll consider joining!

If you liked this thread, you might like: !likethismaylike@lemm.ee

Remember, if you’re on a different instance you may have to search the url first: https://lemm.ee/c/likethismaylike

• Mostly_Gristle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Well, you’re in luck because we are living in basically the platinum age of women fronting cool rock bands.

Just off the top of my head:

Bones UK, Sniffany and the Nits, Cable Ties, Amyl and the Sniffers, Mod Con, Waax, Gutter Girls, Flagipanis, Panic Shack, Tiger Pussy, The Hellfreaks, The Darts, The Creepshow, The Spookshow, Zombina and the Skeletones, Bat Fangs, La Butcherettes, The Death Valley Girls, Sleater Kinney, The Veleteers, The Julie Ruin, The Bobby Lees, The Coathangers, The Regrettes, The Pink Slips, The Blushes, Bratmobile, LA Machina, Scrunchies, Skating Polly, and The Nova Twins.

I could dig up more if I start scrolling through my playlists, but there are tons of women out there right now making great music. Seems like every time I turn around there’s some cool new thing.