• virku@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I didn’t know the original existed. I didn’t know a remake was in the works. I absolutely love hit the road. Super hyped now!

• Hildegarde@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Telltale made Sam & Max games from 2006-2010. They released Sam & Max as episodic adventures with a total of 16 episodes over 3 seasons. The Devil’s Playhouse is Season 3. All of Telltale’s Sam & Max games are pretty good and I would recommend them to you if you liked hit the road. They are classic point and click adventure games, predating Telltale’s house style they would settle on with The Walking Dead and beyond.

• virku@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Thanks! I played the first season when it released. I have to pick up the remakes then!

• slimerancher@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

After Hit the Road, there were:

• Sam & Max: Save the World
      • Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
      • Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse

Save the World Remastered and Beyond Time and Space Remastered were released couple of years ago, and are available on Switch. The Devil’s Playhouse is the last one. There is no info if they are making any new game after that or not.

• virku@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I only knew that first one as season one. Haven’t played the other seasons. This is great!

• heyfluxay@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I never finished the Steam version so looking forward to playing the remaster. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve played Hit the Road over the years…

With this and that random VR game that came out recently, I have hopes that we will see the Freelance Police return yet again in something new.