• MagicShel@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

It is indeed amazingly fast. I actually hate the constant generation of pictures while I’m typing - particularly given that I used up my free usages with two prompts.

The quality of people is poor, trending toward disfigurement. It does landscapes well.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Stability detailed the model’s inner workings in a research paper released Tuesday that focuses on the ADD technique.

One of the claimed advantages of SDXL Turbo is its similarity to Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), especially in producing single-step image outputs.

Stability AI says that on an Nvidia A100 (a powerful AI-tuned GPU), the model can generate a 512×512 image in 207 ms, including encoding, a single de-noising step, and decoding.

This move has already been met with some criticism in the Stable Diffusion community, but Stability AI has expressed openness to commercial applications and invites interested parties to get in touch for more information.

Meanwhile, Stability AI itself has faced internal management issues, with an investor recently urging CEO Emad Mostaque to resign.

Stability AI offers a beta demonstration of SDXL Turbo’s capabilities on its image-editing platform, Clipdrop.

The original article contains 553 words, the summary contains 138 words. Saved 75%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Has anyone tried it yet?

• Zarxrax@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Saw a clip of someone working with it on an rtx 3090. Image was updating multiple times per second, and looked pretty good quality.

• William@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

My 3070 makes a good looking image in about 3 seconds with ComfyUI and the example workflow.