This is a regarding the respawn of dwarven ghouls. It appears they respawn quite fast and many times come in pairs of more than 2 to 3 times with spawn interval of few seconds. This has been happening from past few updates.

This is the only enemy I find the respawn rate quite fast compared to others.

I request the developer to please reduce the pairs spawning on the floor with some cap on their respawn timings.

• 00-Evan@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

The game spawns an enemy roughly every 50 turns normally (35 when on a darkness level feeling), there haven’t been any changes to that in a long while. Ghouls in particular do spawn in pairs, but they’re balanced around that.

• MasterBlaster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve noticed sometimes I am gang-banged by spawns from all sides. This can happen on any level, and I am wondering if there’s some logic in the code that ramps up the action if my level is above the dungeon level and I’ve been running around long enough. I’ve been killed by relentless spawning and running out of healing potions on levels -3 of my character level.

My current run, I came within a few points of death multiple times due to waves of monsters, but managed to pull through. Then it seems I sometimes get massive rewards for surviving it, like an awesome drop or a couple of rations when I’ve been starving for like 300 turns.

I’ve also been attacked in the garden rooms while trying to recover. That’s described as a room specifically designed to give us respite from attacks to heal up. It sometimes seems like I’m cursed as a player, you know?

• MisterQueue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I feel like the spawn rate of EVERYTHING went nuts not too long ago. Feels like even in the early game I get no breaths between mobs and it’s killing my runs.

• Osho@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Well I am always looking to collect or brew as many potions of experience while playing huntress. Usually I am 2 to 3 experience levels ahead than the normal when I reach the chapter with dwarven ghouls. Experience bar also freezes after 2 floors till I reach boss level

• MisterQueue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I wish. I’ve played on shattered for years but since maybe two updates ago it’s just seemed so punishing. I’m at the point where I want to stop playing tbh