Edit > Ok, Guys i am sorry. I actually was looking for a different meme witch more a hech yeah attitude but then i stumbled onto this template i thought it be hillarious. I sort of made the switch recently and i learned a lot. I don’t wanna go back.

• webghost0101@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Ok, Guys i am sorry. I actually was looking for a different meme witch more a hech yeah attidyde but then i stumbled onto this template i thought it be hillarious. I sort of made the switch recently and i learned a lot. I don’t wanna go back.

I also thought we where doing old memes today or something?

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

When you’re sky high with your FOSS buddies.

That shit never happens man, I hate it, everyone that is geeky enough to use Linux around here, doesn’t do weed 😡.

• dream_weasel@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

People who appreciate that this is meme abuse? This basically says “I’m an internet dumbass and I use Linux”.

BTW.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I am really sorry i pissed you all of, i just recently switched on a whim while i was gething super into being a windows poweruser and i swear i have nothing but love <3 i saw a really cool hyper-land interface, it was fast, beuatifull. i dig that. I installed it and i except for work i only used windows as a virtual dekstop 3 times in the month i am doing it.

• Fryboyter
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago
      • This meme is absolutely low effort trash.
      • Memes are generally annoying from my point of view.
      • The meme could be considered a violation of rules 1 and 4 that apply to this community.
      • The meme is absolute bullshit because Windows is not blanket garbage. Windows, just like Linux, has advantages and disadvantages.

That might be some reasons why the post got some downvotes.

• GreyBeard@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Or people who don’t want to see low effort meme content. There’s a community specifically for that sort of thing and Linux. linuxmemes@lemmy.world

Lemmy.one doesn’t allow downvoting though, so I didn’t downvote it, but I sure as heck didn’t upvote it.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Posts must be relevant to operating systems running the Linux kernel. GNU/Linux or otherwise. No misinformation No NSFW content No hate speech, bigotry, etc

In my defence i did check the rules if Memes where allowed!

Posts must be relevant to operating systems running the Linux kernel. GNU/Linux or otherwise.
          No misinformation
          No NSFW content
          No hate speech, bigotry, etc

• Martineski@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Huh? I thought that it only applies to posts on your instance and not all the interactions that users of this instance can do. Am I wrong?

• GreyBeard@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

Nope, as a Lemmy.One user, I cannot downvote anywhere. It’s probably my only complaint with Lemmy.One, actually. I’m not sure I would have downvoted this, but it is the type of thing I don’t want to see.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I understand that instance may disable downvoting to create a “safe” space on it but I don’t understand why it would limit you from downvoting on instances that DO allow you to downvote stuff.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

No, looks like it’s a global setting. If your instance doesn’t allow it, you’re not allowed to downvote anywhere.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

No, that’s what I was trying to explain. If downvotes are disabled on your instance, you can’t downvote anything anywhere on any instance.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

I’m asking for the opposite, if your instance allows you to downvote stuff then can you downvote stuff that’s on instances that don’t allow them?

• bumbo_jumbo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I use and love many flavors of Linux, but Windows and macOS are honestly cool too and I use all of them on a daily basis. It’s just cringey to me when people get all dumb and elitist about Linux.

• I agree the post is cringe, my brain somehow just thought I’d make a dry slightly related remark (context below) and it ended up sounding a bit too serious.

The context was that I’ve seen quite a few angry/troll posts elsewhere on this instance recently complaining there are too many Linux communities on here, and I found this post to be the other extreme.