• thantik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Nothing says abject stupidity like taking an argument to its extremes no matter the cost.

• TheMechanic@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Tearing out extra lanes that do nothing but encourage more traffic, adding protected cycling lanes or reducing road speed are seen as extreme by those that made the decisions that have created the infrastructure we have. In reality these are compromises.

‘Share the road’ is not a compromise. Sharrows are not a compromise. Jaywalking laws are not a compromise. Victim blaming is not a compromise. Media dehumanising pedestrians is not a compromise.Nobody ever fucking considered anything else but cars, drivers and the car lobby when installing these things.

Now tearing it out city centers to focus on humans and humanity is extreme?

• grue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Yes, you’re right: the conservative media outlet blatantly spinning the quote is being abjectly stupid.

• thantik@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Taken out of context. I also said that you-need-to-allow-black-pride…

But you keep taking the Redditor approach to things, sifting through peoples history to attack things they said out of context, instead of actually making a meaningful attempt at a discussion. It’s BOUND to make lemmy a replica of the place you fled from.

• yA3xAKQMbq@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Really meaningful attempt at starting a conversation like so, troll? https://lemmy.world/comment/5742227

Is it also out of context when you compare your straight daughter’s experiences to, and I quote, „Jews during the holocaust“?

Maybe nobody wants to have a meaningful discussion with you because you’re an outrageously obtuse asshole.

• thantik@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            7 months ago

Yes, you’ve clearly taken that out of context as well. SO much so now that you’re putting words in my mouth.

• yA3xAKQMbq@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

Do you understand what it was like being a Jew during the holocaust? […] My 15 year old daughter has told me multiple times in the past that in school now - if you don’t claim you’re LGBT in some orientation, you get bullied for not being that. […] But that sounds like it’s okay with you, because straight people are “the wrong people”.

• thantik@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                7 months ago

Yeah, include the whole thing. I said, do you know what it was like to be a jew during the holocaust? No - even though you were educated about it.

Then the subject changes ENTIRELY. Unwitting git. You’re doing exactly the same fucking thing. You’ve changed the context by omitting large portions of text. You should be a FOX news anchor. Because not only do you lack reading comprehension, you lie by omission to suit your goals of painting something in a light that has nothing to do with the facts.

Do you understand what it was like being a Jew during the holocaust? Even though you have been educated about it…do you really? Education doesn’t impart anything more than knowledge. Knowledge is not Understanding.

This – in direct response to someone saying that straight people have representation, that everything is “straight representation” by default.

And yes, it’s an adult arguing for this, because nobody will listen to a child and children need Adult proxies to argue for things when they can’t. Did your parents never take up arms for you as a child when you were wronged?

Again, because the argument was because an Adult was fighting for it, it wasn’t what the kid wanted, when clearly Adults go to bat for kids on their behalf over all sorts of things.

It’s discrimination to display LGBT flags all over the schools and then balk when others want to be represented as well. But it’s clear that you support discrimination, so long as it’s “for the right people”.

Then, all the way down here…WAY LATER in the fucking conversation…

My 15 year old daughter has told me multiple times in the past that in school now - if you don’t claim you’re LGBT in some orientation, you get bullied for not being that. So much so that an increasing number of kids say they are just to be left alone about it. My niece of the same age has confirmed it with me as well, because initially I didn’t believe my own daughter. It sounded way too outlandish to actually be true.

But here you go cutting out all of the rest to make it sound like I was comparing people getting bullied for not being LGBTQ, to the fucking holocaust. Which is a FUCKING LEAP AND A HALF.

The part about the jews during the holocaust is because EVERYONE is taught quite SUCCINCTLY about that subject, and it’s one that everyone can quite CLEARLY agree with that even though they have been educated on what happened – the education they received does not impart anything other than knowledge of the event. Not any kind of realistic understanding of what those people lived through.

You may know about what happened during WWII, but there is no way your education will ever make you understand truly what those people went through. End of point. The point being that Education imparts knowledge not necessarily understanding. Which harkens back to my argument that simply educating children why they are being left out of “Pride” because they are straight, does not mean that it imparts the understanding as to why they are being discriminated against.

Too bad it takes an exponential amount more effort to educate an idiot than it does simply to refute or bullshit as you have done.

Not only that, BUT IN A FORUM ABOUT CARS FOR FUCKS SAKE. The first thing you morons did was GET OFFTOPIC, and start calling me a Nazi, for DARING have a different opinion ABOUT CARS…

This conversation doesn’t even fucking belong here. But you moron fucks dragged me down into the dirt with your idiocy, and I was stupid enough to roll around in it with you. Each of those paragraphs which you so helpfully keep pulling out like some “GOTCHA!” are individual rebuttals to each of the arguments made in paragraph of the person that I was responding to in a different part of lemmy entirely. There are 3 separate rebuttals there, and somehow you’ve tied them together like I was trying to paint my daughter as some equivalent to one of the worst events in human history.

You fail sir. You fail so fucking hard it is embarassing. Get the fuck ahold of yourself. And get the fuck back on topic about CARS for fucks sake.

• thantik@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            7 months ago

And Black Pride is also associated with the criminal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

So that tells me you’re okay with one terrorist organization over another because one matches the right color of skin right?

Because I’m just using the same arguments you are…you’re either an idiot, or you’re an idiot who supports terrorists, right?

If you look at my comment history I’m clearly not a Nazi supporter but that doesn’t fit your preconcluded narrative. So wouldn’t want to bring that to anyones attention. Oh wait, because it’s not that at all – you just didn’t scroll far enough. You saw one thing, latched onto it, and then proceeded to make yourself look like a complete buffoon.