• Markaos@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

That’s cool, but YouTube detects Vivaldi’s built in adblocker, so it’s kinda irrelevant if it’s affected by extension policies.

To use YT in Vivaldi, you have to properly configure uBlock Origin (avoid extra filters that interfere with YT) and disable the builtin adblock for YT. And given that Vivaldi relies on Chrome Extension Store for its extensions, there will still be some friction to getting Mv2 extensions after Google pulls the plug on them.

• Engywuck@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

OP has literally said that YT didn’t block them/didnt show any ads while using Vivaldi… As far I’m concerned, I couldn’t care less. I don’t use YT at all.

• Markaos@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah, OP literally said that they weren’t blocked when using Vivaldi with uBlock Origin, you were the first one to mention the builtin adblock (which is detected by YouTube).

Again: to use YT, you have to disable the builtin adblock and use only uBO. That’s in line with OPs statement.

• Arghblarg@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Oh I hadn’t thought of how I’d installed Vivaldi. I always just choose the basic install – no Vivaldi mail, ad-block, etc. Just their core browser. Then I install uBlock Origin on top of that. And, so far, I’ve never hit the new Youtube adblock-block.