On lemmy.world someone was clamoring about China and their ‘conditional loans’

I invite you all to read this magnificent book about how the IMF creates debt traps for developing countries in order for capitalists to privatize resources and prevent countries from having any semblances of democracy.

Confessions of an economic hitman

• lemmyseizethemeans@lemmygrad.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

"Eco nomic hit men (EHMs) a re highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development ( U SAID), and other foreign “aid” organisations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy fami- lies who control the planet’s natural resources. Their tools inctttde fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrify- ing dimensions during this time of globalization. I should know; I was an EHM. "

• lemmyseizethemeans@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s a great read. Even though it’s about economics it’s also like a James bond story, just crazy shit they do to people and countries to steal their resources. Straight line to Jeffery Epstein

• 小莱卡@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Agree, already a couple of chapters in. It’s also a good book to recommend people not invested in theory.