• Ech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s still a benefit to Reddit, though. I’m torn, because Reddit’s archive of threads is a great trove of information, but to hit them where it hurts, the flow of users needs to be restricted as much as possible.

• MKBandit@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Realistically it would take about 2 weeks I think for the board to force spez out or back peddle

• democracy1984@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Private subs may hurt Reddit slightly more than restricted, but restricted subreddits don’t hurt users/the Internet nearly as bad. And if we want support for our cause, we should not to hurt the users too much.

• berkeleyblue@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Can you explain? I don’t really get this. They make koney by Ads, not new posts. So any traffic they get because they still have content is counterproductive to pressure them, isn’t it?

• democracy1984@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

The majority of ad views come from scrolling through feeds. When I click on a Reddit link, I don’t even see any ads. By going restricted, that sub will quickly stop showing up in users feeds. This will cause them to get bored faster, and give less ad views.