• pruwybenOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

It was definitely lower on Monday and Tuesday.

• ShootBANGdang@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

It’s a dent for sure. I wonder how much more effective it would’ve been if the plan was for a week, or longer.

• ZeroDrek@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

The fact that it was for only 2 days to begin with is a joke. That’s now how a strike works.

• gmmxle@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Yeah. Unless you already have a negotiation framework in place, it’s probably a bad idea to announce how long you want to go on strike at the outset of a strike.

It’s just signalling to the other side how long they have to wait you out.

• Guy_Fieris_Hair@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

I think if they said from the start it was indefinite Reddit Inc. Would have implemented plans to manually open them back up from the get go and no real splash would have been made. Saying 2 days reddit decided to sit back and wait, now the world is watching if they manually force subs open by replacing mods.

• Apoidea@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

So most of the big subs are still private, am I reading that right? That’s a relief. I thought most gave up at the 2 day mark.

• wheresyourshoe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m curious what comes next. I already quit Reddit, but I’m still invested in the outcome. I spent well over a decade on Reddit, so I wanna know how this plays out. I’m really loving the Lemmy community, and I don’t plan on going back to Reddit (won’t say never, cuz if they backpedal and make appropriate changes I’d be willing to go back for some things, but it’ll never be at my old usage rates).

• BarrelAgedBoredom@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Same here. I was on reddit for 11 years and carved out a comfy niche. If they backpedal I’ll go back for the smaller communities I was active in. But like you I won’t be using it nearly as much. Lemmy’s pretty neat and I’d like to see where it goes

• pruwybenOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

They are restricted instead of private. I think that means people can still view them but not post or comment.

• Ech@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s still a benefit to Reddit, though. I’m torn, because Reddit’s archive of threads is a great trove of information, but to hit them where it hurts, the flow of users needs to be restricted as much as possible.

• MKBandit@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Realistically it would take about 2 weeks I think for the board to force spez out or back peddle

• democracy1984@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Private subs may hurt Reddit slightly more than restricted, but restricted subreddits don’t hurt users/the Internet nearly as bad. And if we want support for our cause, we should not to hurt the users too much.

• berkeleyblue@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Can you explain? I don’t really get this. They make koney by Ads, not new posts. So any traffic they get because they still have content is counterproductive to pressure them, isn’t it?

• democracy1984@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

The majority of ad views come from scrolling through feeds. When I click on a Reddit link, I don’t even see any ads. By going restricted, that sub will quickly stop showing up in users feeds. This will cause them to get bored faster, and give less ad views.

• nephs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was expecting to see it coming back online after a few minutes, given the name of the sub.

• Evil@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Something interesting I noticed here is that less NSFW subreddits have gone on blackout, BUT most nsfw subreddits are still in blackout instead of only lasting 2 days, which is cool

• Guy_Fieris_Hair@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think the NSFW subs are really getting fucked (hehe). The mod tools are really needed by them AND NSFW content is specifically being removed from the api.