I have wrinkles, I have grey hair, I have back problems, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, I can’t remember anything, the world seems confusing and complicated to me now and I wish things were simpler (which is why I like Lemmy). I definitely don’t get kids today or their music.

How am I so old?

• irkli@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

You can fix this. Stop worrying about things and do things instead. Incremental fixes work.

For fucks sake, move! I mean your body. That and food are the top 80% of it. Dumb old walking is enough. Walk to work, walk to lunch from work. Yeah it may break your social structure but change is what you need.

Change is good (most of it). Everything changes. Embrace all of it, reject what doesn’t work for you (but if you don’t embrace it you won’t know)

I’m 67. Got my MFA at 54. Kung fu black belt last year. Just built and electric bike. I live in Los Angeles you don’t need cliche images of nature to MOVE. You meet weird and interesting people.

Visit a new cafe every week and have a coffee.

Don’t wait for the time to be right do it while it’s uncomfortable! Of course you’re awkward’n’shit, that’s completely usual. There is no normal. You just gotta do what works. And a lot of things that don’t. Just move.

Less carbs, probably fewer snacks, 50% of your food should have recognizably grown out of dirt pm the ground.