• Rapidcreek@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    vor 10 Monaten

Haley was considered a joke when she was at the UN. It irks me to see her use that as Foreign Relations cred.

• Jaysyn@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    vor 10 Monaten

Reminder that, nationally, Democrats have been beating the polls by 9+ points at ballot boxes since Roe v. Wade was overturned.

Gen-Z has no interest in taking polls, and pollsters never straight up ask you who you’re going to vote for, for a reason.

• Telorand@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 10 Monaten

Even if you did, and the polling methodology was pristine (and it’s not), pollsters have been embarrassingly wrong about the outcomes for the last several cycles. They and their predictive models don’t understand what is driving Millennials and Gen Z to the booths.

The only polls that matter are the official votes. The rest of these are for the politics-in-media circle jerk.

• Hairyblue@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    vor 10 Monaten

The Messenger/Harris surveyed about 2,000 people online last week, with a margin of error of about 2 percent.

This is a poll of only 2000 people. I really don’t see Haley winning against Biden. And I don’t see known criminal Trump winning either.

Stop voting for Republicans, they don’t believe in American democracy.

• njm1314@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 10 Monaten

2000 is a perfectly legitimate sample size, the online part is the bigger question there.

• TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 10 Monaten

But then I can’t be racist, kill gay and trans people, be a massive asshole to those around me, and hurt the people who need hurting the most! - Christians.

• Caradoc879@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 10 Monaten

I find it laughable that any woman believes she’d be capable of getting enough of the vote from such a misogynistic base. The vast majority of hard-core evangelicals I know are the kind that leave churches when they get a woman pastor because “a woman shouldn’t tell a man what to do”.

I’m very curious how these people would react if a woman did win the primaries. Would they prefer a woman over a democrat?

• dhork@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      vor 10 Monaten

If Haley wins the ® nomination, then I predict that Joe Biden will disclose some unfortunate health issue that “just popped up recently”, and will force him out of the race. And then the Democrats will end up nominating… um… shoot, what was her name again?

• YoBuckStopsHere@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 10 Monaten

Trump will run third party so maybe not. Trump has to go all in to be President to pardon himself for all his felonies.

• mriguy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 10 Monaten

If Trump doesn’t win the Republican nomination, the Republicans lose. Trump will never accept losing the primary and will run as an independent. Once he peels off all the fascists and epsilon minus semi-morons, there aren’t enough “sane Republicans” left to do anything other than come in third.

I’m cautiously optimistic that after killing so much of his base with covid and pissing off suburban women, even united, the fascists, semi-morons and toadies don’t have enough to win unless their voter suppression efforts are wildly successful (which they might be).

• PeepinGoodArgs@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 10 Monaten

I think so too. Haley and Biden have very similar corporate audiences, and Haley is better for them than Biden.

• MegaUltraChicken@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 10 Monaten

I think the only way she has a shot is if Trump dies. There’s absolutely no way he drops out at any point and I don’t think there’s a mechanism to remove him from being a candidate before the election. Secretary’s of state are really hesitant about removing him via 14th amendment. He’s going to bring in 20-30 percent of the electorate no matter what.

• Telorand@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 10 Monaten

You’re forgetting the abortion issue, which is a massive voting booster for Democrats who run on the pro-choice platform.

Even if Haley came out and said she supports bodily autonomy, she still has the baggage of being a Republican and a woman, the party historically against female bodily autonomy and women in positions of power. Ultimately, she’d only wind up losing the fundigelicals to Trump, DeSantis, or Vivek.

She doesn’t have a shot, if Biden can lean into expanding abortion access next year.