I’ve been drinking for 7 years. Typicall I’ve only drank 3-4 drinks a year. If I stop drinking now, would that help decrease chances of cancer? If it does will it take a long time?

• busturn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh come on, you don’t have to drink. Drinking is a choice and an easily avoidable health risk.

• AmidFuror@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Which fallacy is the one where you cite a paper that doesn’t say what you claim it does?

1. The optimum level of sun exposure for vitamin D production does not mean that level is “safe.” You’re trading vitamin D for cancer risk. Your claim about alcohol didn’t make any cost / benefit analysis. It was only that there is no safe level. You paid no regard to how small the risks were, only that there was any risk.

2. You can get vitamin D from your diet or supplements. You can get skin cancer and retinal cancer from the sun.

• AmidFuror@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

But the WHO didn’t write a report that breathing ages you (because it requires the passage of time), this risking age-related health problems and ultimate, inevitable death.