How can I backup the list of F-Droid apps I have installed on my phone right now so i can just import that list on another phone and don’t have to install each app manually?

• Lee Duna@lemmy.nz
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Use NeoBackup from f-droid to do this, backup your apps and you can copy the backup to another phone or computer. You can restore it later when you need it

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Does this work with non rooted phones too, and back up app data for F-droid apps still run into the back up limitations of non rooted phones?

• Andrew 1412@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I use Obtainium

I’ts perfect to export your list of foss apps and let you install directly from github and other repository sources. I only use Obtanium + Aurora Store now

• EraNet@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thank you for your comments.

Neo Store, does show you all F-Droid apps and lets you export all favourites apps to an .xts file. I uninstalled few apps from my phone, but I wasn’t able to import the “missing” apps from the list in the .xts file.

APK Kit lists all instated app on my phone, including Google play store and F-Droid, so this is not very useful (to me).

As for NeoBackup, I do need an app for a non rooted device

and Restic, is not that clear how to backup list of F-Droid installed apps and how to use it to restore missing apps.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Neo Store which can be downloaded from f-droid let’s you favorite apps and export that list.

• EraNet@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was able to use Neo Store to export favourite apps as you suggested, but I wasn’t able to import apps back, not sure what am I missing …

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It should have imported the list of favorite apps but not the apps itself, since it doesn’t do that type of back up. Did you import with the xts file?

Does hitting the top left ‘favorites’ change up the apps displayed?

• EraNet@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

OK, I see what it’s doing. If an app was removed from the favourite list, the import of the backup file will add the missing app back to the favourite list.

That actually does not do what I was after.

I am still looking for an app that will recognise all the installed F-Droid apps, so that I’ll be able to backup the apps to a backup list. Then use the app and the backup list to reinstall the apps on another phone.