link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

We’re literally on a platform designed to escape these closed ecosystems and walled gardens. A platform built around open communication standards.

And still there’s a downright bizarre contingent of people around here that seem to be chomping at the bit to defend or downplay Apple’s iMessage shit.

• RGB3x3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

That’s funny when most of the comments are saying “just use WhatsApp” as if that’s not a walled garden for messaging.

• willya@lemmyf.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I’ve found the complete opposite on here. Outside of the apple communities but even those get trolled/downvoted from nerds browsing all like everything else.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yes, but no. RCS itself is. Google RCS however, not especially. Google keeps promising to open up the bits they’ve tacked on but have yet to. Which includes things like the open end-to-end encryption. Apple will be implementing vanilla RCS which does not have that yet. But they have claimed if I remember correctly that they are going to help develop that. I don’t know if I believe that or if that’s just something they said to foster some false Goodwill