So in the spirit of this community and not just to focus on the Reddit… issues… I thought it might be nice to get a topical conversation going in here.

Basically, what open source projects are you currently working on or are you heavily involved with?

I think it would be nice to see what projects people have on the go, get some publicity out there and otherwise talk about stuff that we should be discussing here.

• flipcoder@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m building midimech. It’s an isomorphic musical layout system for midi controllers with a grid layout. It lays out the notes in a way that makes most scales and chords easier to play than other instruments. For example, if you can play the shape of a triangle, you know how to play every major chord. An upside-down triangle is a minor chord. Most scales fit nicely along the fingers since you’re running rows of 3 or 4 notes and going to the next one. The layout is closely related to the circle of 5ths, making chord progressions easier too. It’s got a lot of features too, including a MIDI visualizer for learning songs, and a scale/mode database. We’re just starting out and more controller support is coming soon.