• Today@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m good, but it’s been a busy summer and I’m not looking forward to going back to work in August. My work partner of 15 years left and I’m pretty nervous about working with someone new. Lost my mom earlier this year and am still trying to get through the paperwork and her house. It’s emotional so i procrastinate and then i stress. I’m on vacation right now in the mountains. It’s beautiful and quiet and I’m with good friends so it’s really fun, but the work and mom stuff are constantly spinning in the back of my brain.

• Dylpickles@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Answer without oversharing: Could be better ¯\(ツ)

Answer oversharing a shit ton and telling y’all stuff I haven’t told anyone else: Just moved to a new area to finish school and I’m struggling to find a job. I’m also concerned my s/o isn’t attracted to me but I’m trying to avoid seeming to insecure about it to her.

I dunno there’s something scratching in my brain like all of this was a mistake or something. But it’s not really like there’s an alternative.

I’m trying to be optimistic though.

That being said I’m feeling so unwanted that I ended up redownloading tinder. I don’t intend to go on any dates or anything. I did download bumble bff so maybe I’ll hangout with someone from there.

Idk what I’m even doing on tinder or in my life in general. I’m just hoping things will be less fuckin weird once school starts back up.

I’m replaying the Witcher 3 tho that’s p neat Neonknight’s videos have revived my love for it.

• Today@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Change can be really hard. Remember that a new situation may be hard for her too. Be gentle with her heart and your own and maybe you can find a way to communicate. In my relationship, when we’ve had a feeling of distance that crept in, doing something fun together often helped resolve it - even something silly like a picnic or a scary movie. It’s corny, but “if you want me to be closer to you, get closer to me.”. What’s the consequence if she finds tinder on your phone? Is it worth that? She’d rather think you’re insecure about her than indifferemt. Good luck. I hope things turn around and settle in for you guys.

• Dylpickles@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Real life I don’t think anything would happen if she found it on my phone. Our whole situation is so weird and complicated ft a lot of history and tbh we feel more like roommates right now than people who are dating.

• NickwithaC@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Woke up next to my boyfriend for the first time in a week so that was nice. He’s been with his parents as his mother is starting chemo, that was not so nice. She had to go into hospital due to not being able to keep anything down, though thankfully she was home the day after and has to take in lots of fluids. Cancer is indeed a bitch.

Personally I’m just hoping to hear from a job I applied for. The application deadline isn’t until the 25th but if I get it it means less work and more benefits. We might even be able to afford our own home on the improved salary.

• Vaggumon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Woke up with a sinus headache, but I have D&D tonight, so have to get prepped for that despite a sore head.