Android is my favorite currently, but when I was growing up it was Symbian, comparing it to java it was miles ahead with way more advanced capabilities!

• V6277@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You guys knew your phone OS growing up? Up until I was around 14-15 I didn’t have a phone. After which I got gifted random slide and flip phones from family. I remember being gifted an iPhone 3G at 16-17 around the time it was two years old and I had a lot of fun playing with it, jailbreaking it, and the like. I remember being very proud I was able to install a wallpaper on it haha.

I was gifted an android for graduating sigh school, I think it was the Sony Xperia Miro, and I absolutely adored it. I remember adoring their version of Android (2.3 point something iirc) as the skin was light and really nice looking compared to whatever bubbly skin Samsung and LG had going on. After that, I’ve been on Android consistently with a few stints of being gifted iPhones that I sold because I just wasn’t a fan of the closed down ecosystem.

Speaking of, I still look fondly to Sony’s skin around the time of KitKat. It was such a clean and organized design compared to the competition.

Edit: This ad for the Sony Xperia Sola is what sold me to Sony phones back in the day. It was such a sexy ad even though I never had the Sola.

• s804@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

oh wow what a great ad, made the phone look amazing, i love that it was really clean on its design