• smort@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

According to the Steam page, it does not have controller support.

I’m waiting for that too, so I can play on the Deck or on the couch

• zerosilversky@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I’ve played almost exclusively on my Steam Deck since early access. I’d argue it’s actually easier to play on the Steam Deck with all the hotkeys and whatnot mapped to buttons.

• BaroqBard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Yeah, I guess I’m gonna dogpile here a bit, but can confirm it’s pretty solid on the deck. I thought I’d hate track-padding, but it’s actually pretty pleasant. Just had to remap a couple things, like wood-cutting & a couple back paddle buttons and it plays surprisingly smoothly. I’ve played on both PC & deck and oddly I’m starting to get to like playing on the deck a little bit better actually.

Give it a try!

• smort@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Ok, yeah I’ve tried trackpadding other games on the Deck and it was a thoroughly unenjoyable experience for me. Maybe I’ll try to push through again with this game

• superpill@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

You can play it on the Deck if you just use one of the trackpad as mouse, I do it all the time :D

• smort@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah I’ve tried using the Deck’s trackpads in games. I’m ok with it for an occasional menu, but I haven’t been able to enjoy it enough to use it as a primary gaming input device