• simple@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve seen this browser pop up occasionally and I still don’t understand a single thing about why it exists. The only thing I know is that they really, really, really, really love Apple. Their FAQ says:

In other words, Arc is to your ex-browser what the iPhone was to cellphones. Or as one of our members said “like moving from a PC to a Mac.” It’s from the future — and just feels great.

Yeah pffft, imagine using an Android phone in current year. We’re like Apple so much that we also throw a bunch of buzzwords instead of explaining the product.

Also their #1 selling point is privacy and how they’ll never sell your data but uh… Firefox exists… And it’s open source, unlike this…

• gen/Eric@iusearchlinux.fyi
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Oh boy, yet another reskinned Chrome/Chromium browser.

I’ll stick with the real “Chrome alternative,” Firefox.

• roon@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Its not just a re-skin. You should look up how they are re-imagining the browser UX and making it much better than what is out there.

• Irdial@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

The Arc Browser, in my experience, is a half-assed Chrome reskin. That being said, it is impressive to see a Windows app developed in Swift!

• TehPers@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I couldn’t care less about another browser without clear benefits over Firefox, but I think this is the main takeaway - Swift is usable for production development on Windows these days apparently, which is awesome.