By popular demand, awful.systems (“the jank is a feature”) is now hosting a sub for hurling ordure at crypto dweebs of all sorts. We are only here for debate as long as it amuses us. Meme stocks are also on topic.

There was a buttcoin at https://kbin.social/m/Buttcoin but it never took off and is basically dead. Let’s see how we go here. Tell your fellow crypto sufferers!

We’re in the Fediverse so you should be able to read and post from other Lemmy servers, from some Mastodon/*oma/*key servers and maybe from kbin servers if the sunspots are aligned, as well as from awful.systems itself. Federation is sorta clunky. The URL to follow is: https://awful.systems/c/buttcoin

• locallynonlinear@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Checking the pulse on bitcoin, my sister in law asked me the other day, “Hey Bitcoin is going up, should I buy?” “Nope.”

• Soyweiser@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Hold on to your butts! Spoke to a butter recently who was fully convinced the mooning of bitcoin would happen in feb after the SEC approved the etf, it was quite a weird experience, like we both fully disagreed on the nature of reality. He even said the recent rise of inflation was due to the moneyprinters re covid (if you check inflation pages, you will see that apparently inflation has a bit of a timelag). Bitcoin doesn’t have the moneyprinter problem at least (no I don’t know what tether is and I refuse to look it up).

• self@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

the economists can yell all they want, but butts are the only sound store of value

• Soyweiser@awful.systems
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

That reminds me of the insane blog post where somebody took a Saylor twitter post saying ‘soon bitcoin will go the way of online gambling’ as being anti bitcoin and not mocking the anti-bitcoiners, and using it as proof that even the biggest critics of bitcoin change their mind and go all in when they learn more. Yes, that Saylor.

Wonder if I should dig it up and post it here for entertainment value, but it was only one post with zero interactions and I have no idea how long ago it was so feels a bit harrassy.

• Steve@awful.systems
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

the butt is omnipresent. it is our incentive token. our game theory has placed us neatly between the cheeks, the optimum position for sneering at the effluent of the techno optimists

• David Gerard@awful.systemsOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

sadly not, but a lot of the reddit-alikes should work together.

Activitypub is underspecified, and if you want interoperability you’ll actually have to test each combination of software and fix problems - but our esteemed @self is active in this task too.