I picked up a bunch of unflavored instant ramen packets with the intention of making my own. I’m a big fan of Korean Ramyun packs and make them often, but they are getting pricy nowadays. Does anyone else in c/cooking do this as well? What are your favorite quick broth recipes?

• TheAlbatross@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I buy chicken/beef bouillon powder and use that with dry noodles. You can make a mushroom broth by steeping dried mushrooms in hot water for 15-30 minutes, too.

Someone else mentioned daishi, that’s a great soup base as well. If you wanna spend a little more time on it, you can boil kombu and dried anchovies placed in a tea bag in a pot of water to make a larger batch of broth.

• canthidium@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Thank you! The kombu and dried anchovies sounds amazing! And I love mushrooms, and often put that into my ramyun, but didn’t even think of making a mushroom broth. Thanks!

• TheAlbatross@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Happily! Just make sure to remove the guts of the anchovies before using them for stock. It’s easily done with a knife or even your fingers. Honestly, I’m not sure why you have to do that, I was just always instructed to do it that way.