• MrVilliam@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Mine is for a very specific kind of depression that’s really more of a vibe of melancholic regret and realization of self limitations which breeds a strange, nearly apathetic anxiety. The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me by Brand New (full album) just picks at a scab that you know probably isn’t healthy but feels satisfying to indulge.

For existential dread, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd hits way different now than when I was young. Especially the songs Time and Great Gig In The Sky.

For depression depression, I couldn’t be bothered to listen to any music. “Music is for winners” is kinda the mindset. Not helpful, but depression is a motherfucker and it’s almost like self-inflicted emotional abuse when you’re already vulnerable. You feel miserable and convince yourself that you deserve misery, so all is right in the world. It fucking sucks and I hope that if this comment causes anything in anybody’s brain to light up, saying “hey wait a minute, is that not normal?”, then please invest in yourself and spend some time with a therapist, take more vitamin D, and try to do what you can to get yourself to a place where those feelings are just memories that you can mention on Lemmy in hopes of helping others the same way that you needed help.

• Venicon@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Dark Side is such a good album. Great Gig in the Sky never resonated with me as a kid but now it’s a whole different story.

• Asturie@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me is such a good album. In some ways I hate listening to it because I know it’s not helping me but at the same time everything about it is just perfect