On a recent post, there were a lot of comments, which said that they were missing the headphones on newer mobile devices.

How many actually use the headphone jack?

I ask, because I have one on my phone, since I really wanted one, but I rarely use it. Like Tops 1/Month.

• ZombiFrancis@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I do. Specifically got an older samsung that still had it.

I dont like using bluetooth headphones in the office. Random disconnects for whatever reason is not something I need happening since tunes like ‘Marvin Sease - Candylicker’ is not office appropriate.

• TwanHE@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

What application are you using that doesn’t pause on Bluetooth disconnect? I’ve never had the issue of audio playing from the device when the Bluetooth cuts out

• Wrench@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Definitely a bigger AUX problem since the same volume is typically used for the phone speaker and aux. Bluetooth is a separate media control.

• lolcatnip@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          7 months ago

It shouldn’t be a problem at all, regardless of volume settings, if your phone is working correctly.

• Wrench@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

AUX ports and cables wear out relatively quickly. And accidental cord pulls happen.

Seems like a weird point to dispute. The option for AUX is always a plus, but don’t need to sugar coat it like there aren’t drawbacks.

• ZombiFrancis@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Twitch app would do it occasionally but I think it had more to do with the earbuds I had last I tried a long time ago.