Nearly half of the air-to-ground munitions that Israel has used in Gaza in its war with Hamas since October 7 have been unguided, otherwise known as “dumb bombs,” according to a new US intelligence assessment.

• DoomBot5@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I choose to belive the experienced officials over the dumb lemmy users making baseless accusations against them.

• Aceticon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

How exactly do you know the never once named person, who is only and ever refered to as “US Official” and who made that comment, is “experienced”?!

Plenty of people in that article who put their name on the line along with their words say the exact opposite of the anonymous “US Official”.

Clearly you just liked that statement (no doubt because it aligns with your political beliefs) and went backwards from there to assuming the anonymous person quoted making that statement is “experienced”, which is fine amongst people who already believe the same politics as you but won’t convince anybody with 2 brain cells.

• Aceticon@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          7 months ago

If that was a thinking posture you would have the same proof requirement for quotes from “US Officials” who want to remainn unnamed as you do for the person whose only claim is that you can’t outright trust without further proof what’s said by unnamed “US Officials”.

It’s quite funny that your counter to my point is to demand that I prove my claim that you should demand proof from anonymous sources.