• Sterile_Technique@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I work in a hospital in the cousin-fuckingly-deep south. Almost all of our patients and over half the staff still don’t take this shit seriously.

We’ve got entire departments either out sick or showing up to work sick and spreading it to everyone else. I’m out with covid right now - up to date on all my boosters, but there’s only so much that can be done to fight the viral load of the concentrated idiot-plume stagnating at my place of work.

It’s not just covid either, we’re getting hit with multiple pathogens all making their rounds at the same time.

Really looking forward to moving somewhere sane when I can afford it.

• Isthisreddit@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Even today I was catching shit from rightwingers about vaccines and general public safety (ie masks and staying home if you feel sick).

It’s so fucking frustrating, them and their pseudo science and “health hacks the libs don’t want you to know - like drink a cup of water with a lemon to cure a viral infection” crap.

I don’t wish illiness and ruin on anyone, but I sure as fuck won’t forget when the GoFundMe’s start showing up again

• prole@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

They have literally turned their backs on basic science (the same science, by the way, that’s prevented them from dying after getting a minor infection before reaching adulthood) because it “triggers the libs”.

That’s all that matters to these people anymore.

• Montagge@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I had a doctor’s appointment at the end of November and figured I’d get the COVID booster then. Nope, they don’t have it and don’t plan to get it. I was able to get the flu shot, and I got COVID the next week so there’s that. Also good luck getting an RSV vaccine around here if you’re younger than 65.

• HubertManne@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

yeah I wanted to get the rsv and no dice. my wife got something four weeks back and it lasted about 3 weeks and now I have it. after the initial its not bad but its like omnipresent, light congestion that just won’t go away.

• Sterile_Technique@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

/s because their orange god told them to inject it, not drink? Not sure what all the trumpanzees are waiting for - I encourage them to follow Trump’s advice!

• GentlemanLoser@ttrpg.network
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Mix one part bleach, one part ivermectin, one part Rudy’s hair dye, and one part diet coke. Serve chilled alongside a platter of hamberders.

• Burn_The_Right@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Why do these anti-science, anti-medicine conservative shitbags give up so easily when they get sick? They always overcrowd the hospitals when they get sick, demanding to be treated by the same medical science they still swear is fake.

They need to leave the hospitals for the normal people. Stay home, de-worm, and pray instead. Fucking plague rats.

• Doorbook@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Remember, not every have a great health to win a flue or COVID battel. It is seniors, kids, immune compromised who get the worst experience.

Stay home if sick amd wear a mask…

• iterable@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Central Massachusetts horrible near strep like sore throat for a week. Fatigue and shit ton of mucus with coughing. Lost my voice. Covid test negative. In last day energy came back and throat is tolerable. No fever. Aspirin and CBD helped a lot.*UPDATE Today 15th throat almost normal but now first time in my life mucus in my eyes.

• Captainvaqina@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Exact same thing I experienced. Felt like I got hit by a truck first full day, woke up with an incredibly sore throat which all but went away by fifth day, followed by a couple weeks of stuffiness and stupid amounts of mucus. Today I realized I’m finally normal, and it started the day after Thanksgiving.

• frickineh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Interestingly, I don’t know that it’s COVID. I’m in CO and pretty much everyone I know, including me, has been sick recently, and we all tested negative for COVID. Could be a spicy new variant, but we all also had incredibly painful sore throats, which I never had the couple of times I had the rona.

Anyway, not saying it’s not, but I think we’ve all kind of forgotten other illnesses still exist.

• Capt. Wolf@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

If anyone actually read the article, the second sentence literally says it’s all respiratory diseases.

“In total, 15 states plus New York City are experiencing “high” or “very high” levels of respiratory illness activity, defined as people going to the doctor with symptoms from any respiratory disease including flu, COVID, RSV and the common cold.”

• frickineh@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I did, and I know it’s all respiratory. I was mostly responding to the implication in the first comment that it’s all COVID. I got the newest COVID booster and a flu shot about a month before I got sick, so I’m leaning towards RSV for me personally. 0/10 would absolutely not recommend.

• Wrench@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Both my parents have been fighting covid for the last 3 weeks. My mom hasn’t tested positive the whole time, and my dad has. But she very obviously has the same symptoms, so a varying degree.

I wouldn’t trust negative tests with this variant. They even got brand new tests thinking their old tests were just not reliable for this variant.

• afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I have had something for three weeks. Negative for flu and Covid. Sneezed so much I am getting random nose bleeds now. Sore throat and random fevers.

• alchemist2023@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

that’s exactly what I had a few weeks ago, horrendous sore throat, pretty grim all over, negative COVID tests. figured it’s a new variant or the tests I’m using are too old I’m in NZ for perspective

• scottywh@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I’m also in CO and my whole family has been sick and testing positive with COVID for just over a week now…

• grey
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

It’s flu season.