• Justice@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s honestly hilarious when you realize liberals simultaneously think Russia is still literally the USSR (so communist, aka the bad guys!) but also fascist or at least far right wing (those explaining why American conservatives like the Russians (in the liberal’s mind)). Remember Putin and Trump are, to US libs, and that brainpoison spills over to the world (sorry), best buds, in cahoots, modern Hitler and Mussolini. But when confronted with the history of Ukraine back to WWII until the day before Putin invaded where everyone knew and acknowledged they had HEAVY white supremacist/Nazi shit going on* well they can’t explain why two right wing countries are fighting in simplistic “good liberal nation vs the evil bad commie-fascist country!” I don’t really know where I was going with this besides being entertained by the denial of reality in Ukraine, the history of NATO, the reality that Russia is in no fucking way the USSR (they keep proposing this idea of THE USSR IS REUNITING! Treating the Soviet Union as if it were some sort empire held together by the tyrannical evil Russian orcs (which is of course exactly how the weirdo right wingers think of it)). Just absolutely zero historical knowledge, even basic levels, and/or contortions to make the US somehow good or make NATO good and justified in its existence. No one on any politically viable side in the US (R and Ds) is even considering a proper anti-war stance. They won’t even consider admitting policies of the US for the past 100 years towards the USSR and then the Russian Federation, especially the last 3 decades, led directly to Russia being how it is with Putin in charge.

I don’t know an apt comparison, but the US is like a person who lives their entire life stealing and murdering people and when anyone along the way calls out their shit they get offended with “how dare you! I’m the good guy!” Maybe something like the mafia but on the world scale. They break the windows and threaten the owners and anyone steps out of line or questions why they get to take shit all the time they get their knees busted or killed. Just a giant criminal racket held up and enforced by scumbags and then romanticized by those same scumbags and their beneficiaries.

*that became forbidden speech when Putin crossed the border of course. Much like talking about how right wing the Cuban-Americans are in Miami and how that MIGHT color their outlook on the Cuban revolution/Castro/Che, etc. Talking about the politics of a group from some nation has been turned into “racism” even though last time I checked Cuba is multi-racial, multi-ethnic, including a shitload of white people. I’m ranting now about how fucking stupid libs are and I only partly apologize

• DesiDebugger@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Their brains are basically hard wired to form basic contradictions and accept them unquestioningly as fact.

• DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I would say the US is more like an abusive partner “You really think I’m the bad guy?! Don’t you know how badly some other people would treat you? You should count yourself lucky that I’m so nice! I only beat you when you deserve it!”