Seeing the other post here about YouTuber that went downhill and seeing content creators I am familiar with makes me sad. But how about those that still makes great, high quality content?

• Chetzemoka@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Practical Engineering - in depth presentations of civil engineering feats, concepts, problems, solutions

Joe Scott - just simple, entertaining discussions of interesting topics

Philosophy Tube - longer format, intensely well-cited presentations on philosophy related to current events (with theatrical costumes!)

Ryan Hall - who knew that a weather forecast could be so fun? Regularly updated weather forecasts for the entire United States with detailed coverage and livestreams of events like tornado outbreaks, hurricanes, and large snowstorms. With charity drives to provide supplies to people on the ground

PBS Spacetime, PBS Eons, all the PBS channels really

Plainly Difficult - consistent quality, often hilarious presentations of various disasters. I particularly like his entire series on radiological accidents, often involving lost radioactive sources that random members of the public stumble onto, which is terrifying.

• Dave@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Did you see spin off Practical Construction yet? That’s next level production, my wife laughed at me waiting for next ep like it’s GoT or something.

Also do you notice that YT never pushes PBS videos? I’m subscribed but always have to go to channel.

Since you like a lot of same as me: check out Climate Town.