Seeing the other post here about YouTuber that went downhill and seeing content creators I am familiar with makes me sad. But how about those that still makes great, high quality content?

• craftyindividual@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Tom Scott

Curious Droid - lots of sci fi, technology content.

WaterlineStories - all sorts of nautical/diving disasters narrated by a South African chap with a lot of experience.

Qxir - Irish guy with a lot of weird stories told in stick figure form.

Plainly Difficult - a lot of disasters frequently nuclear.

Nile Red is still fun - and a nice dude. Chemistry

Vince Vintage is hilarious, great editing (like internet historian but not a jerk)

Also my homeboy Video Game Dunkey.

Dreading is good(sort of successor to JCS), very sober and tasteful host discussing true crime.

• douglasg14b@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Qxir?

I found too many of their videos have unsubstantiated claims, and illogical/wrong conclusions drawn from inaccurate or incomplete information.

While they may have high production value at a glance, the quality of the information itself is about as good as any other social media thread.

It’s really disappointing to me cuz I would love their videos but I just can’t keep watching them with such inaccuracies…

• craftyindividual@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Fair enough. I really enjoy his delivery. He’s not perhaps the most researched or precise YouTuber but I like the subjects he covered.