• FlickOfTheBean@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

If you like that, it’s from a larger series called The Gay and Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallo. It’s all on YouTube and that skit is pretty representative of the series quality.

• macmacfire@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Technically for the story in that skit, though, the race of the other party was relevant. The mention of “you know how I like a little asian” provides relevancy to the fact that they’re asian(and probably also to the other man being black), because it’s a story about a sexual encounter with them. Nothing wrong with having a type.

• FlickOfTheBean@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Honestly, the only thing that registered for me was that Caleb didn’t object to race being in the story until the second guy was brought up.

I don’t think Freckles, the other character, was declaring a type preference though, I think they were just communicating the race of both guys as set dressing for the story (“you know how I like a little x” to me just sounds like a playful double down, but I really dont actually know, you do have a point here, but it seems ambiguous at best to me right now. I would have to ask the writers what they meant for me to be satisfied now haha good call out though!)

The only reason I posted it was because it seemed that Freckles was saying essentially the same thing as the person I was responding to. Race isn’t a bad thing to include, it’s only bad when you’re being an asshole about it, essentially.