link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Voting for someone other than Biden or not voting is an absolutely acceptable option, and I’m not pretending to be a leftist when I do so. I have Ranked Choice Voting in my state, but even if I didn’t, I would vote for who I most want in office because I have no faith in either democrats or republicans to fix the most important issues currently plaguing 99% of the people. Vilifying people for voting third party — when third parties are currently the only viable presidential and congressional solution apart from a violent revolution — is misguided.

Democrats are not your friends; you deserve better.

• LemmysMum@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Non voters vote too. They vote for ‘I’ll have what she’s having.’ then they complain when she chooses shit.

• 31337@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Leftist 3rd parties split votes between leftists and the more conservative liberals (who are the vast majority), increasing the chance of a Republican victory. I fully support right-wing people voting Libertarian though :)

With the politics of the U.S. population, and violent revolution would likely be fascist.

• Diotima@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Just a random note: Most proper libertarians (not those weird tea party fucks) make Democrats look positively authoritarian on social issues. Economics, no, but social? Absolutely.

• 31337@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

True. I considered myself a libertarian when I was in high school (mostly for cannabis legalization and guns, lol). Then, some of my first job experiences were pretty bad (persistent wage theft on multiple jobs, an owner coercing sex from minors, etc), and started becoming more of a leftist.

• Diotima@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 months ago

I get that. Libertarians have a bad habit of downplaying economic hardship by saying that markets will solve themselves. Maybe there’s a world in which that might work, but it isn’t this one.

I do think that some progressive influencers know that the DNC is much closer to the GOP on social issues. Attacking libertarians is, in my opinion, a calculated lie designed to distract from that fact.

• Jaysyn@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Tell me you don’t understand math & game theory without telling me you don’t understand math & game theory.