link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

It isn’t, and a random website isn’t a source

So you clearly don’t understand how citations work. You shouldn’t even be engaging in discussions like this until you do.

If you have an article from a medical journal, or a study with a sample size of over 1,000 diverse participants I’ll happily read that.

Once again proving that you didn’t read anything you’re arguing about. You need to reassess your behavior.

Antibiotics save lives. Vaccines save lives. They are good things.

False dichotomy, further demonstrating your cluelessness.

• NAK@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

I know I’m not going to convince you, and that’s fine, but people like you get other people killed.

Steve Jobs infamously had a treatable form of cancer, but instead of going to a doctor and doing the scientifically verified treatment he ate fruit that some nut job said would cure him and he died.

The only medical advice anyone should ever give is go to a doctor. That’s it. Period. The end.

• MaximilianKohler@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

people like you get other people killed

Trippling down on your pigheaded ignorance to the point where you’re now projecting all your errors and flaws outward.

Steve Jobs infamously had a treatable form of cancer, but instead of going to a doctor and doing the scientifically verified treatment he ate fruit that some nut job said would cure him and he died.

Once again, a false dichotomy, demonstrating an inability of critical thinking and ability to differentiate shades of color.

The only medical advice anyone should ever give is go to a doctor.

This would apply well to YOU, because YOU clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. Yet you violated your own policy. You should have stayed quiet on this topic which you clearly know nothing about.

And FYI, that is unfortunately not valid for everyone to abide by: https://forum.humanmicrobiome.info/threads/doctors-are-not-systematically-updated-on-the-latest-literature-what-t.27/

I know I’m not going to convince you

Yes, you would need actual knowledge and scientific citations to do that. Something you’re clearly devoid of.

• NAK@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

My stance is consistent, clear, and concise. Medical decisions should be made by doctors.

Just so everyone reading this knows what your stance is, can you make that clear? So far I’ve heard nothing but contrarianism.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 months ago

So far I’ve heard nothing but contrarianism.

Projecting again. I was the one who started off by sharing information and you were the one who contradicted it.

Just so everyone reading this knows what your stance is, can you make that clear?

It is clear to anyone with the ability to click links and read the contents. It’s only unclear to you since you opted not to do that.

• NAK@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              6 months ago

You’ve linked a lot of other people’s opinions, which is fine. A lot of stuff about how doctors aren’t always right, diagnoses aren’t always correct, and how antibiotics are prescribed in situations that aren’t necessary, like viral infections, which agreed, all of that happens.

But the context you’re avoiding is your original claim.

While antibiotic resistance gets all the attention, the damage being done to our host-native microbiomes is arguably as big a threat as climate change, as the damage compounds over generations, and once it’s gone you can’t get it back. (Apr 2019).

It is beyond ridiculous and what started this whole thing.

So, again, for everyone reading, my claim is that doctors should be the ones to make medical decisions. Antibiotics save lives, and to add one more, people who advocate for their disuse because humans make mistakes, should rightfully be called out.

And since you’re such a fan of random website “sources”.

https://jennymccarthybodycount.com/

Never forget anti vaxxers, and anti medicine people in general, are responsible for hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                6 months ago

It is beyond ridiculous and what started this whole thing.

It’s not. A plethora of supporting citations were provided.

And yet again, you continue with your false equivalency of anti-vax and anti-antibiotic.

• NAK@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  6 months ago

Buddy, I get it. You’re campaigning against antibiotic overuse. That’s true. Antibiotics are over prescribed. I’ve never said they weren’t.

What you need to chill on is giving people medical advice. I took a look at your post history, and this is a topic you’re clearly passionate about

But you are not a doctor. You are not even in the medical field. It looks like you’re an IT nerd. Which is great. We need nerds

But you espousing your opinions can hurt people. There are countless examples of people rejecting medicine that works, for essentially folk cures that do not. People die. Children are one of the most vulnerable to this, and I have personal experience with kids suffering because of people like you, campaigning against western medicine, convincing impressionable morons that alternative medicine works.

You are not a doctor, medical researcher, or a scientist researching bacterial diseases. You are a person reading what other people write on the Internet, and fixating on the gut biome above all other things is simply the wrong way to look at this.

Antibiotics save lives.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    6 months ago

What you need to chill on is giving people medical advice.

you espousing your opinions can hurt people.

You are not a doctor, medical researcher, or a scientist researching bacterial diseases.

Projecting again. Also some random bold and baseless claims.

I have personal experience with people suffering because of people like you.