• Catweazle@social.vivaldi.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

@BraBraBra, neither China nor any other country today is what should be praised as a political ideal. China is certainly a totalitarian regime, but in comparison it is no worse than the US, Russia or others where the greed and lust for personal power of an elite prevail over the common good.
    Political ideology is one thing and quite another to find where it is applied and not just nominal for the public.

• steveman_ha@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yeah, this does seem like a kind of inaccurate generalization.

Does this mean you honestly wouldn’t have a preference if you were dropped into a random “place” in one of these countries’ societies and had to live the rest of your life there?

It’s easy to say “Hey, plus a few ethnic cleansings, minus an intentional lack of economic development in favor of political corruption, plus a couple of highly extractive, insecure, and immoral sets of socio-economic conditions… and I mean we’re all basically the same, amirite??”… But while each country’s civil society is kinda fucked in some fundamental ways, they seem like unique ways that are hard to compare “apples to apples”.

EDIT: Having said that, the issues in each country strongly depend on dividing lines between various “peoples”, and a manufactured assurance that your conditions are the best that they could possibly be, so…

• _danny@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The US is far from perfect, but we are not currently committing a genocide against our citizens. We have a terrible for-profit justice system, but it’s not a genocide.

And, I can’t believe it needs to be said, but a country commiting a genocide is worse that a country that’s not.

• HeuristicAlgorithm9@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

In an immediately seen sense, the US is not really committing a genocide. However, the corporations that control the US through lobbying and bribes and whatever else are literally destroying the planet past the point where humans can survive. So, while before we all burn your living conditions might be better, the country is working towards a far greater death count.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

@_danny, simply the US Health System is a silent genocide and reason for the most part of homeless people.
        The Social System of US is one of the worst in the world.
        Any country has its corpses in the basement and China is certainly not an example of an ideal society, but the US is not one iota better, quite the contrary.

• felis_magnetus@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

True, but let’s be real here: it’s only true, because you started the genocide much earlier and at this point in time are basically done, besides when some holy site or other is in the way of building an environment destroying pipeline and necessitates a belated mop up operation on a scale small enough to be largely overlooked, especially by corporate media who couldn’t give a fuck about any genocide that can’t be used to further a profitable agenda anyway.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

@_danny, not against the own people? or genocide? US not in the own population ('?, see history), but until now in more other countries worldwide than any other country. Don’t paint the US as the good in the world, it’s far from this. If you speak about worst countries speak about North Corea ore some other countries, which ar “friends” of the US, or South American Countries where the US destroyed a Democracy

There is a second part of the video about homeless people

https://youtu.be/QUKyssWRJr4

• Regelfall@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Obviously China is worse. The West isn’t perfect, but China is about as bad as a country can be.

• BraBraBra@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Blah blah blah, both sides. Fuck off. In a conversation about condemning genocide this is really inappropriate my friend.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

@BraBraBra, genocide is ALWAYS condemnable and the vast majority of countries have committed it throughout their history. But it is fallacious to establish oneself as the best and beacon of humanity because others were worse. It is with this hypocrisy that we must end. The worst genocide is capitalism, because it is going to end all of humanity. “Communism is the bad guy in the movie”, it is mere politics of fear to be able to continue the atrocities of the former.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

• BraBraBra@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I would condemn genocide anywhere just the same. Fuck your whataboutism bootlicker.

It’s not about who’s the best or who’s faultless, it’s about where genocide is currently happening and where it’s not. This is very simple. I outright reject your attempt at semantic bullshit and will not engage with it because it is blatantly dishonest.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

@BraBraBra, currently Afghanistan, Irak, Iran and Israel, with a little help and as cause of the USA, with their weapons. Same in South America where they destroied Democracies for economic interests.
            Fuck the genocide everywhere, in this I agree with you, but this, blame your own house before you do it with others, China isn’t the only evil in the world, the USA isn’t a iota better, apart of worse for the own population in their daily life.

• BraBraBra@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

The topic was China and CCP apologists. Why on fucking earth would I stray from the context?

And also, there is an entire culture of tankies. They tend to be vocal in their support of fascist regimes and their rejection of reality. This is why anti china rhetoric tends to come up so often, because there is a vocal group of people who are pro ccp, who claim there is no genocide etc. That was the context you fucking shit for brains. Then everytime some fucking tankie in disguise like you needs to come along with your stupid goddamn whataboutism like it isn’t blatantly obvious what you’re doing. Fuck off back to your safe spaces you winne the pooh cock sucker.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

@BraBraBra, especially those who disrespect others like you. I don’t defend China, nor other “paradises” like the US, I’m old enough to have lived through the Second Cold War and the “benefits” of the USA, which you apparently consider superior to all. It is precisely this behavior that does not make you just as tankie and fascist as those you so happily judge.
                Good luck, go out, talk to people and do something useful with your life.

• BraBraBra@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  1 year ago

The fact that you are still trying to act as if I’m somehow putting the usa on a pedestal lays your agenda here bare. I’m not even american you absolute goon. I DESPISE america. You are a dishonest propagandist who is trying to make it look like China is being unfairly judged, when it’s not.