I use geh Firefox forks mull and fennec, I occasionally use vanadium. I just like privacy but tor is overkill for me

• zekiz@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Firefox because it’s one of the last browsers against the Chromium monopoly.

Also UBlock Origin is wayy better on Firefox, even before Google forced their version of Manifest v3 on all Chromium based browsers.

• pushka@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

And on android, Firefox is the only browser that allows installing ublock-origin and user scripts

• pushka@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Ah yes, I think I heard of it ages ago; though it’s based on chromium so add blocking may stop working in 6-12 months,

• zekiz@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

No. It is already in effect for over half a year.

It won’t compleatly stop working but it makes it way more useless

• Forever And a Day@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Firefox. after the manifestv2 deprecation was approaching for chome I packed up and switched to firefox. I rely on uBlock Origin too much to be lest stuck on a browser it doesn’t run on. also the pleasant surprise of full extension support on the nightly android version was a nice touch!

• SirSolrac@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Firefox.

I used Chrome for the longest time, but I started having a problem that I thought was Chrome related so I installed Firefox to see if it solved my issue. It didn´t, and I eventually discovered the actual issue of my problem, but I ended up liking Firefox too much and stayed.

• QuentinCallaghan@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have been using Firefox since 2005. Back then it was over 9000 kilometres ahead of Internet Explorer and was in so many ways better browser. These days it stands as the biggest alternative to Chromium and Google’s efforts of gobbling up the web. I don’t see any reasons to switch.

• gnuhaut@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I use Firefox (and I’ve used it since it was called phoenix, and I’ve used the free software mozilla suit before that).

BUT I’ve been very unhappy about the corporate leadership of the project for a long time. I don’t trust them at all. They regularly do user hostile shit like ads and tracking and endorsing DRM, then act surprised by user backlash and backtrack partially, only to try again a couple of months later.

Many people who work there are clearly shit-brained corporate silicon valley types, and the leadership most likely cynical money-grubbing grifters.

I hope the various free software degoogled chromium forks all come together to make a good browser. A browser that works on both Linux and Android, that can sync all the stuff between both, and which has no tracking and good ad blocking.

• fluffman86@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

😂 I was on Firefox before Chrome, and happily switched once I learned how much faster Chrome was around 2008. Switched back to Firefox not long after they introduced container tabs and their android browser is so much nicer that now I can’t use chrome anymore.

• Sowatee@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ever since I got my first laptop when I was a young teenager it’s been Firefox. With Google exploring deleting blockers like uBlock Origin I see no reason to switch.

• Stefen Auris@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Firefox because its pre-installed on pretty much every Linux distro I’d want to try. I’ve used it for a long time, back in version 2.x. Then I tried out chrome for quite awhile but their pushback against adblockers made me migrate back to firefox. Haven’t regretted it!

• oishiiburger@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Firefox, because a) open source, b) ad blocking, and c) fuck Google and other corporate overlords.

• LolaCat@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Firefox, and ill continue to use it for as long as possible. No thanks Chromium.