Similar to the recent question about artists where you can successfully separate them from their art. Are there any artists who did something so horrible, so despicable, that it has instantly invalidated all art that they have had any part in?

• gzrrt@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Kanye West. Maybe he was never ‘all there’ mentally to begin with, but the guy was clearly a role model to a lot of young people and utterly destroyed his own legacy.

• Monz@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Yep, I was a young person that loved Kanye back in high school when Graduation was the CD I had on me all the time.

Can’t listen to it anymore. It’s ruined. :{

• drasticpotatoes@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

I honestly wonder what happened to this guy. It was like a switch was hit and suddenly he was spouting nonsense and getting in trouble.

• OceanSoap@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

His mom dying on the table during an implant surgery was 100% the catalyst that thrust him towards what he is today. Totally unexpected, and she wasn’t anywhere near the age that her death would have been a thought.

• afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I am just thinking about something my wife told me, she is a nurse in cardiac unit mostly. She told me the ones that are the most devastating to the families is when there is nothing wrong until there is. Grandma was fine yesterday, she is not fine today.