6 months ago

what is owning multiple cars?

Current garage (backyard) update:

1966 Volvo P1800

1987 BMW 325is E30

1984 Volvo 240 Turbo

1988 Volvo 240 GL

1991 Lexus LS400

1998 Toyota Corolla (summer daily driver, 430k miles, original engine, transmission, suspension, etc.)

2001 BMW E39 M5

2002 Chevrolet S10 (work truck during summer)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 (winter daily driver, Japanese built V8 engine and transmission, two owners, 130k miles)

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

In your own opinion that’s a whole lot of money you’ve thrown away right there, clearly you must be an idiot…

• PP_GIRL_@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

If you’re saving up five grand for months for what I presume is your only car, you’d be a fool to not get the best one you could buy - a Toyota. After that, knock yourself out with whatever projects you want. My Corolla was the first car i ever bought myself and will probably be the last one i own after selling/trading the others.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

It’s funny because if you had bought a V6 Toyota truck from the same year you would have been in for one hell of a ride! Engine top end and frame that needs to get replaced, talk about top notch reliability 😘👌

I know it’s hard to admit we might be wrong, but reliability varies by model and a Civic will be just as reliable as a Corolla and it’s been the case for decades now.