• Rusty Raven @aussie.zoneM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Fancy salad is very similar to a normal everyday salad but with pomegranite seeds and possibly some sort of fancy cheese. Or I might be out of date and there is a new definition of fancy this year.

If you go back in time you will find a fancy salad involves jelly. Hopefully this is one trend that will never repeat.

• bull⚡@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I imagined a Caesar with a little Top Hat on it and thanks to AI we can make this come to life!

• CEOofmyhouse56@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

That’s funny because I was thinking if you want a pretty salad you just add pomegranate seeds but they’re not in season. Couldn’t think of anything else that would make it fancy. Haha.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I think the trend before pomegranate seeds was flowers on top, probably with a large amount of rocket.

If you can’t get pomegranate you could probably do something like pear and blue cheese.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Orange can be fancy, but you need to make sure each segment is peeled with no white bits. Which is either incredibly fiddly or requires a soak in a pectin disolving enzyme.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                6 months ago

I bottled a lot last year, after using the enzyme to peel them. They worked really well & I can now add them to salads whenever the mood strikes me. I don’t think I’d want to go to the effort of peeling.