Don’t dox yourself. Try to limit your information to a Maidenhead locator or general area of at least a few kilometers in an urban area and a few dozen in rural areas.

I’m from South Hesse, in Germany. Some of the most regarded German comedians (yes, they exist) are from around here and we have a pretty diverse culture, both traditionally German and from immigrants.

So, where do you live and how is it?

• Daryl Sun@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m from one of the many cities in Metro Manila, Philippines. Right now, it’s very, very rainy.

• Dingo Fan@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Southwest Washington State. Originally from Northwest Oregon.

It is amazing here. We have very moderate weather, lots of trees year round. An hour from the beach. An hour from the mountains. Surrounded by forests.

The people here are pretty diverse and friendly for the most part. Always festivals or events going on year round. We have a great beer and food culture.

The complaints I have are few and far between, but overall it is a fantastic area.

• SkoomaCat@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

North Georgia here. Wife and I have been up to visit friends near Seattle a few times with another trip planned this year. We. Love. It. Being so close to so many proper mountains is just such a breathtaking thing that we don’t really have where we are. Don’t get me wrong, the Appalachians are nice, but we were just in awe seeing Mount Rainier above the clouds during our first flight in to the area.

• RedEagle@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m from a small town in Kentucky but have moved multiple times throughout my life due to my parents occupations. Now that I’m older I’ve moved to a bigger more liberal city in Kentucky which is considerably more diverse and has plenty of things to keep you occupied.

• arctic pie (he/him)@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The part of British Columbia that is just east enough of Vancouver to stop being a beautiful coastal rainforest and start being treeless, godforsaken farmland. It was a rainforest with a beautiful lake 150 years ago but then the settlers showed up, drained the lake, cut down the trees, and turned it all into farmland so we can have raspberries.

• any1th3r3 [he/him]@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

from the part that’s still (mostly) a beautiful coastal rainforest, hey neighbour and thank you for the raspberries! (and good luck with the upcoming heat these next few days…)

• Elbullazul@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Born in Chile, living in Canada since I was 4, so I’m almost 90% canadian (although if someone asks, I’m still first and foremost a chilean)

• russjr08@outpost.zeuslink.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was born in Dayton, Ohio in the US - however my father was in the military at the time, and two years later he was stationed in San Antonio, Texas so we moved there. I then lived there until about a year after I graduated high school, and moved back to Dayton to be closer to my mom’s side of the family.

I much prefer not living in what is essentially summer weather for 80% of the year! Plus, I never really got to experience snow as a kid so that was quite fun the first winter! 😅

• whitehatbofh@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I mostly live in the state of exhaustion, though sometimes I get to visit the land of dreams.

Eventually, I expect to move permanently into the undiscovered country…

…I’m just not sure when.