link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Me too.

I think that even if they don’t close old reddit now, it will be on the horizon, so I might as well build a new home here. This message-board-look-a-like is jus what I was looking for and not wanting to sound elitist, I find it a good deterrent for the tik-tok crowd and other “follow the person not the subject” networks.

• dxcz@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

“follow the person not the subject” networks.

Was thinking reflecting yesterday, and this is exactly why I can’t get on board with Twitter, Tumblr, or even really Mastodon. Feels like I’m hunting for personalities rather than interests.

• dxcz@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

That’s fair enough. Have seen the same behavior on tumblr and the like.

I’ve found myself wondering if folks aren’t slapping on innappropriate tags or none at all, losing out on content?

I suppose I also never gave this approach an honest shot. Thinking I’ll try this. Thanks!

• backseat@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

The other extreme is people adding 20-odd tags to a post. If I could filter out posts with more than a given number of tags (5 or 6 would be about right), I would.