Not sure if this is 100% scientifically backed but I read a bit by a dental hygienist on a forum that you shouldn’t rinse when brushing with proper toothpaste because it can help remineralize the teeth if when its not rinsed away after

Its annoying but its a good way to cut down on mindless snacking at the very least for me so its something I do sometimes. Hope its not voodoo

• PP_GIRL_@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I’m glad that you’ve found a routine to help you floss but reading this made my whole body shiver. Do you floss while you’re driving? And what do you do with the floss picker when you’re done???

• bakachu@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Yep, while driving, stopped, or parked and trapped in the car with whatever task is involved in the commute. I keep a little trash container in the car for normal trash and just chuck the placker in there when done.

• SorteKanin@feddit.dk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

This doesn’t sound as bad as using your phone but you really shouldn’t take either hand off the steering wheel for more than a second to change gear or adjust something on the dash. This practice sounds too dangerous for the convenience it brings.