• Rakonat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Well if Bible is to be considered a source here, John 2:1-11 or specifically John 2:10

Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

So everyone could have been drunk already and just noticed it didn’t taste like elderberries. But the verse certainly suggest what he made was better than everything else the wedding served.

• Urethra Franklin@startrek.websiteOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I’d be more impressed if He could accurately recreate Mogen David 20/20 or Boone’s Farm. In my experience, those were demonic, leading to a religious experience as I begged God for mercy between wretches.

• Splenetic@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

John 2:9-10:

When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.