I use Windows btw

• ZephrC@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t even use Mint anymore, but Cinnamon is still my favorite DE by far. I guess that means I hate fun? Why can’t you just say you dislike a thing without insulting everyone who does?

• LuckyLu@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m being tongue-in-cheek. I personally find Mint boring and dated, and it can be pretty buggy on newer or more complex setups. I don’t actually think that you “hate fun”, it’s my hyperbolic way of saying that Cinnamon isn’t fun to use for me.

Sometimes being literal makes things less fun, too.

• ZephrC@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I personally find reinventing the wheel every few years with user interface tedious and pointless, and in my experience Cinnamon has been the least buggy DE. They all have their flaws and strength though, and it’s cool if you didn’t have the same experience I did with Cinnamon. Choice is a good thing.

You can be tongue-in-cheek without being insulting though. I’m not really upset or anything. I’m just 10,000% out of patience for people being inconsiderate right now. That’s not really your fault though, so, you know, sorry if that came across as judgemental.

• LuckyLu@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I didn’t find it judgmental, I was slightly concerned that you were genuinely upset. I have some autistic friends who find it difficult not to take things literally and feel genuinely hurt, so I’m often cautious not to make jokes with them that seem mean-spirited.

I didn’t mean to be insulting to any people who actually enjoy Cinnamon. Sorry if it came across that way.