• Willer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah tech illiteracy is a thing thats true. Once they realize that its their browser that breaks their shit they will just pick a different one. Thats what i mean with google owning all the websites.

• Vlyn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Good joke.

You know what happens if a customer complains your website doesn’t work in Chrome? A bug ticket is raised, goes to a developer and they fix the “bug” so it works again.

If the developer is good they’d also make sure their “fix” doesn’t break the website for Firefox and Safari. But there are plenty of developers who only test Chrome and call it a day.

Chrome is the default browser nowadays, if it doesn’t work in Chrome you have a problem. The developer might blame Google, but the user and management won’t care.

• Aldrond@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I don’t think they will. I think corporations - Who make decisions the same way soulless psychopaths would - will bend.

Using Chromium supports the destruction of the open internet.

• Willer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

unpopular opinion: chromium is a genuinely good thing for everyone involved. Just because chrome gets all the bitches and can dictate stuff doesnt mean chromium will break the competitions will to have their own programmers make their own fork.

• Aldrond@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

It can and will because Chromium only exists as a weapon for google to use to improve their level of control.