Wondering how much of the Lemmy user base wouldn’t use an adblocker. If you do use one what other blocking do you use to circumvent data collection, YouTube and reddit front ends and things alike?

• TheMurphy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

One question though.

Can’t you enable a filter list on uBlock Origin that removes all cookie consents?

I think I have it on. It’s under “Annoyances”. Maybe it’s not as good since you have them both?

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

I’m sure there is, but tbh I don’t know how, since I don’t need it.

The way Consent-o-Matic works is that it accepts all, securely deletes all of it immediately before it can do anything. That way the site thinks you have all of it so it won’t ask again, but you actually get none of it.

All this plus removing the consent- and other pop-ups for you. A few of the nastier pop-ups might be on your screen for a tenth of a second or less as Consent-o-Matic gets rid of it for you, but otherwise it’s like they were never there to begin with!

• Victor@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Does it work better than “I don’t care about cookies”, if you’ve tried both?

• the post of tom joad@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Can’t you enable a filter list on uBlock Origin that removes all cookie consents

What what what?!?! Ive used ublock for years and i didn’t know this

• TheMurphy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

Yeah haha, there’s actually some nice block lists in the settings you can turn on.

Also region specifics.