link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

I don’t own this game, and it doesn’t look like the type I would play, but I’m buying it to support the devs. It looks like they responded quickly to the breach and were fully open and transparent to the community.

EDIT: Bought the game before realizing it was a fan made expansion. No regrets, I’ll give it a try. I looked for any type of donation option but didn’t see one. But my point stands, please back developers who do the right thing. 👍🏻

• jemikwa@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This is a mod for Slay the Spire, not the game itself. You’re still free to buy it, a lot of people enjoy it, but the mod devs won’t get anything

• Timecircleline@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I didn’t think it would be the type of game I’d be into.

I’ve bought it on 3 systems and have probably over 500 hours.

• Donkter@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

It’s crazy how it sucks people in. So many friends, including strict non-gamers have played slay the spire as their only game for years. They’ve really nailed the formula almost to perfection.

• fartsparkles@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Same. I never enjoy deck builders both in physical board game and digital form yet Slay The Spire is in all my devices (across multiple different OSs). It’s such a neat game that eases you into the decks far better than other games in the genre. It was rewarding discovering fun strategies for each hero.

• Timecircleline@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

I still do the daily challenges fairly often, since it’s a fun way to play differently than I normally do. The other day I ran a reflex and concentrate deck on the silent with panache and holy cow was that powerful synergy. I never bothered with concentrate before.

• 📛Maven@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This is a free fan extension to Slay the Spire. You can’t buy it, and buying the base game won’t support these devs.

• Finadil@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Yes, I do feel the need to donate and buy products from people and companies who act morally correct. I also do the opposite and not buy products from companies who notify users months after the fact or act morally corrupt. Capitalism can work both ways, that’s how boycotts work.

• cyberic
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I have it through the steam workshop, so i’m unaffected.