Hello minis gang, I thought I would try out some regular community posts. If you have any ideas for new ones please DM me!

In this thread which I will leave up all week, we can post the minis we are working on but which aren’t ready for a full showing yet!

• setsneedtofeed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been beset on all sides by real life but I’ve made minor progress with my urban camo battle master. It now has some shading, not yet cleaned up, and a little bit of foundational weapon and cockpit color.

Old pics on the left, new on the right.

Needs a lot of work.

I also finally decided my grey Mech will have some Berlin Camo.

• Gormadt@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve got 3 projects currently, 1 about 80%, 1 about 40%, and 1 about 20%.

I just finished a new mini today that I’m currently working on some photos for maybe a small video of it due to it’s size. They’re a purple worm on a roughly 100 mm base, so they’re a big one. They’re the 80% one.

I’m also currently working on 9 city guards. I was hoping to have them done for session tomorrow. Basically all I’ve done is print and primed them. They’re the 40% one.

And lastly I finished printing a flesh golem for DnD tomorrow. Unfortunately due to yesterday and today going precisely not even close to planned, they’re not even primed yet. They’re the 20% one.

Hopefully by next weekend I’ll have 1 slot to finished.

• Ready! Player 31@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve got a couple of projects on at the moment (ie a series of distractions) so here is the printed tyranid I’m working on in the style of third edition. There is a tutorial here. There’s also a decent YouTube video on this technique here which I might try next. I any case this model and the others I’ve also printed will end up in my D&D campaign since I don’t play WH40k.

I’m then also practicing some new techniques on these draconic scourge (cough dragonborn cough) from Artisan Guild

• Frugalexcess@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

^ = painting goals!

Thank you for the link to the guide! I’m painting bugs for the first time and can use all the help I can get.

• Gormadt@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I dig the scourge, they’re shaping out nicely.

I’ve got the same Tyranid on my desk (2 of them actually) that are in dire need of paint. Unfortunately they’re not currently in the “active projects” category. They got set aside for more pressing projects.

I only like to have at most 2 projects in active painting as that means I can hop between them fairly easily without feeling too guilty but also getting stuff done. I also only like having 2 projects at a time sitting right at the finish but that one’s blown out of the water.

Edit: Spleling

• Frugalexcess@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Working on my first prints off my Saturn 2. OPR Alien Hives.

Currently experimenting with different color schemes and painting techniques: -Speed/express paints. Not exactly loving these but may try inverting the colors. -Airbrushing with purple and blue pearlescent+yellow inks. These are going to get redone but it was a fun experiment.