I thought I understood, but I still have Beehaw content in my feed, so I guess I don’t understand after all… Can someone dumb it down for me?

• tjhart85@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, but if people were intentionally being trolls, it stands to reason that they’ll hop on the next available open registration site and begin their shenanigans there, getting us banned too.

From what I’ve seen, for the most part the KBin magazines have been great, but we’ve definitely got a few people that I’ve seen that might intentionally start harassing trans people for instance and if they make lives difficult for the beehaw mods, we might get banned too just by association.

• AshDene@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Open signups aren’t novel on the fediverse, lots of places have them. The problem is having them without following up and banning problematic users… but yes I expect that if stricter instance-wide moderation doesn’t happen this instance will end up being defederated by most of the fediverse (with mastodon at least that seems to be the norm).

I’m hoping moderation has been been lacking because Ernest is just overwhelmed with the amount of load, and that it is fixed soon, if not I’ll end up moving on once admins start defederating it (probably to another kbin instance).